Dubuque County Targeted Testing Program Tests Almost 875 This Week
The Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team coordinated additional targeted testing this week.
From Monday, May 18, through Friday, May 22, the Dubuque Visiting Nurses Association (VNA) collected test samples from approximately 575 individuals at VNA site and nearly 300 test samples were collected from individuals at local congregate living facilities.
This targeted testing focused on individuals identified through contact tracing of positive COVID-19 patients as well as law enforcement staff and essential volunteers.
The incident management team will continue to pursue opportunities for additional targeted testing of high-risk populations through the Iowa Department of Public Health.
8 More Cases and 3 More Deaths in Dubuque County, 445 New Cases and 19 Additional Deaths Statewide
Since 2 p.m. yesterday, the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) was notified of:
- 445 additional positive cases of COVID-19 in Iowa, including eight additional cases in Dubuque County. Iowa now has a total of 16,492 positive cases and Dubuque County has 307.
- 19 additional deaths were reported for Iowa, including three in Dubuque County, bringing the state total to 445 and Dubuque County’s to 16.
- As of May 21, 11 Dubuque County residents were hospitalized due to COVID-19 and 145 have recovered or are recovering. Statewide, 362 Iowans are hospitalized and 8,693 Iowans have recovered.
- 4,115 Dubuque County residents have been tested, resulting in a 7.5 percent positive rate. Statewide, 120,505 Iowans have been tested for a 13.7 percent positive rate.
- There are currently COVID-19 outbreaks at 36 long-term care facilities in Iowa, including one in Dubuque County at Dubuque Specialty Care, which has 47 positive cases and 10 recovered cases. Statewide, there are 1,502 positive cases at long-term care facilities with 616 recovered and 223 deaths.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19, including an interactive map with county, regional, and long-term care outbreak information, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov. For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecounty.org/COVID19
PLEASE NOTE: Due to planned maintenance from 6:00 a.m. Saturday, May 23, through 6:00 am Monday, May 25, the IDPH Case Counts Dashboard will not reflect accurate counts during the maintenance period. All Case Counts will be brought up to date by 6:00 a.m. Monday, May 25.
New positive cases of COVID-19 in Dubuque County by day, May 8-22, 2020
Today’s Video Update
Today’s video update from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team includes a review of case counts and other statistics, a review of findings on how the virus can be transmitted on surfaces, a special message for 2020 graduates, and a reminder to not let your guard down as restrictions are lifted. Watch the video at https://youtu.be/b0h-G6PW_1g
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.