Wednesday, May 11, 2022
149* New Cases and 1 Death Reported Since May 4
- 149* new positive cases reported since May 4.
- Total positive cases/individuals reported to date = 26,325
* Due to the wide availability of at-home rapid tests, the results of which are usually not reported/recorded, it is widely believed that new COVID cases are underreported. The number reported in this update is the number of new cases reported to the Iowa Department of Public Health.
- 8 County Hospitalizations: Today, MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center has 6 inpatients with COVID-19 and UnityPoint Health – Finley Hospital has 2 inpatients hospitalized with COVID for a total of 8 persons hospitalized with COVID in Dubuque County.
Dubuque County COVID-19 Community Level = LOW
CDC Guidance for Low Community Level:
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines and boosters
- Maintain improved ventilation throughout indoor spaces when possible
- Follow CDC recommendations for isolation and quarantine, including getting tested if you are exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19
- If you are immunocompromised or high risk for severe disease:
- Have a plan for rapid testing if needed (e.g., having home tests or access to testing)
- Talk to your healthcare provider about whether you are a candidate for treatments like oral antivirals, PrEP, and monoclonal antibodies
COMMUNITY TRANSMISSION LEVEL
The CDC's Community Transmission Level is based on the number of new cases per 100,000 population and is used by local healthcare facilities to determine internal protocol and procedures. An increase in Community Transmission Level may soon be reflected in a change to the county's COVID-19 Community Level, which remains at LOW as of May 5, 2022.
- 1 new death reported since May 4.
- Total deaths related to COVID to date = 295
Please do not reply to this message. If you have general questions about COVID-19, please call 563-556-6200.
Subscribe to these updates.