Wednesday, March 23, 2022
Recommendations for People with COVID-19 and COVID-19 Close Contacts
Have you tested positive for COVID-19 or have mild symptoms and are waiting for test results?
- Isolate. Stay at home for at least 5 days.
- Wear a mask, stay in a separate room from other people, and use a separate bathroom if you can.
- Do not travel for 10 days.
- If you can’t wear a mask, stay home and away from other people for 10 days.
- Contact your healthcare provider to discuss your test results and available treatment options.
At day 6, if symptoms are improving and you have no fever without fever-reducing medication for 24 hours:
- You can leave isolation.
- Keep wearing a mask around other people for 5 more days.
If your symptoms are not improving and/or you still have fever:
- Continue to stay home until 24 hours after your fever stops without using fever-reducing medication and your symptoms have improved.
After you feel completely better, keep wearing a mask around other people at home and in public through day 10.
Have you been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19?
- Quarantine: If you are not up to date with COVID-19 vaccines or haven’t had COVID-19 in the past 90 days, stay home and away from other people for at least 5 days. Avoid travel through day 10. If you are up to date or had COVID-19 in the past 90 days you do not have to quarantine.
- Wear a mask around other people for 10 days.
- Watch for symptoms of COVID-19 for 10 days.
- Get tested on or after day 5 or if you have symptoms. People who had COVID-19 in the past 90 days should only get tested if they develop symptoms.
For more information, visit the CDC coronavirus page
31 New Cases Reported Since Mar. 16
- 31 new positive cases reported since Mar. 16.
- Total positive cases/individuals reported to date = 25,881
- 2 County Hospitalizations: Today, UnityPoint Health – Finley Hospital has no inpatient hospitalized with COVID and MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center has 2 inpatients with COVID-19 and for a total of 2 persons hospitalized with COVID in Dubuque County.
- No new death reported since Mar. 16.
- Total deaths related to COVID to date = 294
COMMUNITY TRANSMISSION RATE
- Dubuque County COVID-19 Community Level = LOW
CDC Guidance for Low Community Level:
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines and boosters
- Maintain improved ventilation throughout indoor spaces when possible
- Follow CDC recommendations for isolation and quarantine, including getting tested if you are exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19
- If you are immunocompromised or high risk for severe disease:
- Have a plan for rapid testing if needed (e.g., having home tests or access to testing)
- Talk to your healthcare provider about whether you are a candidate for treatments like oral antivirals, PrEP, and monoclonal antibodies
- 64% of all county residents are fully vaccinated
- 55.5% of all county residents fully vaccinated have received a booster
For current information on Dubuque County vaccination opportunities, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/sleevesup or call 563-690-MAKE(6253).
Please do not reply to this message. If you have questions, please call 563-556-6200.