Wednesday, December 15, 2021
234 New Positive Individuals and 11 Deaths Since Dec. 8
December 15 Video Update
Public Health Specialist Mary Rose Corrigan explains the latest on the COVID-19 pandemic ahead of the holiday season.
Click here or on the image above to watch the video.
DUBUQUE COUNTY CHANGES & TOTALS
(Dec. 8 - Dec. 15)
- 234 new positive individuals since December 8.
- Please Note: IDPH updated last week's increase for Dubuque County from 533 to 733
- Total positive individuals to date = 19,963
- 46 County Hospitalizations: Today, MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center has 26 inpatients with COVID-19 and UnityPoint Health – Finley Hospital has 20 for a total of 46 people hospitalized with COVID in Dubuque County. Please note: This count is NOT limited to Dubuque County residents and may include area residents from outside Dubuque County.
- Statewide, 823 Iowans are hospitalized with COVID, the highest number so far this year and 46 more than last Wednesday. 77.8% of those currently hospitalized due to COVID and 82.7% of those in ICU due to COVID are unvaccinated individuals. Details at https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/hospital-data
- 1,858 active cases in Dubuque County. (380 less than December 8)
- 11 new deaths since December 8.
- Total deaths related to COVID to date = 254
- Underlying Cause Deaths = 231, Contributing Factor Deaths = 23
COMMUNITY TRANSMISSION RATE
- The CDC continues to rate Dubuque County at the HIGH level of community transmission of COVID-19.
- 7-Day New Case Rate per 100K Population = 753.26 (+258.97 from previous 7 days)
- Percent Positivity (last 7 days) = 16.2% (-4.84% change in last 7 days)
VACCINATIONS OF COUNTY RESIDENTS
- 61.1% of all Dubuque County residents are fully vaccinated
- 70.4% of all Dubuque County residents age 12+ are fully vaccinated
- 51.1% of all county residents 16+ who are eligible for a booster dose have received one
- Vaccinations Completed: 58,025
(746 more than December 8)
- Vaccinations Started (1st dose): 3,607
(295 less than December 8)
For current information on Dubuque County vaccination opportunities, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/sleevesup or call 563-690-MAKE(6253).
The CDC and FDA are operating a Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). To report a reaction or view data, visit https://vaers.hhs.gov/
Please do not reply to this message. If you have questions, please call 563-556-6200.
For current statewide data, please visit coronavirus.iowa.gov/