New COVID-19 Testing Options
The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) recently announced that Test Iowa, the state’s free COVID-19 testing program, will end operations at all clinics and drive-through locations today (Friday, July 16). IDPH is replacing this service with at-home COVID-19 test kits which will be available free of charge to all Iowans.
While COVID-19 testing continues to be provided by health care providers, pharmacies, and other retail testing sites, the at-home test kits will provide an alternative way to be tested for COVID from the comfort of your own home. The kits include easy-to-follow instructions and prepaid postage to the State Hygienic Lab for fast and efficient results.
As of today (Friday, July 16), COVID-19 at-home test kits are available in Dubuque and can be picked-up at a variety of locations, including:
- Dubuque County Health Department
1225 Seippel Road, Dubuque, Iowa 52002
- Dubuque Visiting Nurses Association (VNA)
660 Iowa Street, Dubuque, Iowa 52001
If you are collecting your kit from the Dubuque County Health Department, please:
- Call (563) 557-7396 first to request a test kit. (At this time, kits are limited to one per person.)
- Once you have arrived at the health department building, open the latch to the wooden box to the left of the front door and take your kit.
- Take your kit home and unbox supplies and directions.
- Complete test as directed
- Drop off your concealed at-home test kit at your nearest UPS drop-off location. (The Dubuque County Health Department is unable to assist with mailing at this time.)
To find your closest UPS drop off site, visit: https://www.ups.com/dropoff/
For frequently asked questions on at-home test kits, visit: https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/IACIO/2021/07/15/file_attachments/1880331/FAQs%20for%20public.pdf
Other Dubuque County locations offering free at-home test kits include Crescent Community Health Center, Epic Health & Wellness, Grand River Medical Group Multispecialty Clinic, and all Medical Associates locations. If you are interested in receiving an at-home test kit from these providers, please call the location of your choice prior to arrival to receive site-specific pickup instructions.
Free Standard PCR COVID Testing
Rapid COVID Testing
For more information on COVID-19 testing options in Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecounty.org/covid19