Walk-In/No-Appointment Clinics Scheduled for Next Week; New Variant Confirmed in Iowa
Walk-In/No-Appointment Clinics Scheduled for Next Week
New Variant Confirmed in Iowa
Dubuque County: 170 More Completed Vaccinations and 16 New Positive Individuals
Iowa: 18,350 More Completed Vaccinations and 538 New Positive Individuals
Available Vaccination Appointments
As of 1 p.m. today, COVID vaccinations appointments were available at the following Dubuque County vaccine providers:
- Grand River Medical Group, Tuesday & Wednesday
- Hartig Drug (University, Central, Asbury, Locust, and Dyersville locations), Tuesday-Friday, 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- Hy-Vee (NW Arterial & Dodge St.)
MercyOne Elm Pharmacy (Dubuque), Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
MercyOne Dyersville Pharmacy, Wednesday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Union Family Pharmacy
- UnityPoint (or call 563.589.2537)
Please keep any appointment you schedule or contact the provider to cancel if you must. Remember that if you get the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, it's critical that you receive the second dose.
For assistance making an appointment, call the Dubuque County Sleeves Up! Call Center at 563.690.MAKE(6253).
Walk-In/No-Appointment Vaccination Clinics Next Week
The Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team announced today a series of walk-in vaccine clinics to be held next week as an opportunity for Dubuque County residents to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. No appointments are required, and receiving the vaccine is free of charge. Local healthcare providers will be hosting the open clinics on:
- Tuesday, April 20, from Noon - 5 p.m. at the Kennedy Mall Vaccination Clinic (Former Younker’s Women’s Store at 555 J.F.K. Rd., Dubuque). Operated by Grand River Medical Group.
- Wednesday, April 21, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the Kennedy Mall Vaccination Clinic. Operated by Grand River Medical Group.
- Thursday, April 22, from Noon - 7 p.m. at the Grand River Center Vaccination Clinic (500 Bell St., Dubuque, in the parking garage as drive-through only). Operated by the Dubuque Fire Department.
- Saturday, April 24, 8 a.m. - Noon at the Kennedy Mall Vaccination Clinic. Operated by the Dubuque Visiting Nurses Association & UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital.
Residents are encouraged to take advantage of these limited time opportunities.
New Variant Confirmed in Iowa
Yesterday, the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) announced one confirmed case of the COVID-19 variant, SARS-CoV-2 P.1 in Iowa. This P.1 variant is also referred to as the "Brazilian Variant." Officials are still learning about the characteristics of this strain including any potential impact on vaccine effectiveness.
The case was detected in Johnson County. IDPH and local public health have already initiated contact with the individual to understand exposures and initiate the health monitoring process. The process includes notifying anyone with whom the individual has been in close contact. As always, affected individuals are advised to isolate in accordance with IDPH and CDC guidance.
The case was identified by the State Hygienic Lab (SHL). SHL is doing sequencing to understand what strains are circulating here in Iowa and contribute to the understanding of COVID-19 activity in the United States. Routine analysis of genetic sequence data assisted in identifying the new variant strain in Iowa.
The emergence of new variants underscores that it remains critical for Iowans to continue the mitigation efforts that we know work to slow the spread of COVID-19:
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Practice social distancing with those outside your household
- Clean your hands frequently with soap and water
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Get tested if you are exposed to, or have symptoms of COVID-19
Get a COVID-19 vaccine when one is offered to you
DUBUQUE COUNTY 24-HOUR CHANGES & TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today)
VACCINATIONS OF COUNTY RESIDENTS
- Vaccinations Completed: 30,254
(1,827 more than yesterday)
- 31.1% of county residents fully vaccinated
- Vaccinations Started (1st dose): 14,079
- 18 more positive individuals since yesterday
- Total positive individuals to date = 13,127
- 584 active cases in Dubuque County (12 more than yesterday)
- No new deaths.
- Total deaths related to COVID to date = 202
- Underlying Cause Deaths = 188, Contributing Factor Deaths = 14
- Dubuque County Residents Hospitalized = 9 as of Apr. 14. (1 less than Apr. 12)
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE
- 68 more individuals tested since yesterday
- Individuals tested to date = 57,461
- Past 14-day positivity average = 5.4%
- Past 7-day positivity average = 4.6%
Please do not reply to this message. If you have questions, please call 563-556-6200.
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/COVID19
For current statewide data, please visit coronavirus.iowa.gov/
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.