Dubuque County: 181 New Cases, 1 Death, 85 Recoveries, and New Long-Term Care Outbreak. Iowa: 5,096 New Cases, 19 Deaths, 1,137 Recoveries, and Record-High Hospitalizations at 1,227
Dubuque County: 181 New Cases, 1 Death, 85 Recoveries, and New Long-Term Care Outbreak.
Iowa: 5,096 New Cases, 19 Deaths, 1,137 Recoveries, and Record-High Hospitalizations at 1,227
Dubuque County Face Covering Requirement
The Dubuque County Board of Health and Board of Supervisors have approved requirements for face coverings and social distancing in order to lower the community spread of COVID-19. These requirements take effect Wednesday, Nov. 18, and expire March 1, 2021, unless extended or terminated early.
Currently, Dubuque County has some of the highest levels of active COVID-19 cases and community spread in Iowa. The number of deaths and hospitalizations from COVID-19 has increased alarmingly along with the climbing number of positive cases. Our health care and hospital system is under significant stress that cannot continue to increase.
The County’s new requirements are a framework of expectations to protect citizens and visitors to Dubuque County. Even if you believe that you have been following face covering guidance, we ask that you pause and consider how you can more diligently wear your mask in more situations. If you have been gathering with others, please take more seriously the need to stay at least 6 feet apart, or simply avoid gatherings indoors or outside. Remember to more frequently clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces, like door handles, counters, light switches, pens, desks, or steering wheels. Do not use or touch shared serving spoons or utensils. Renew your commitment to wash your hands more frequently and thoroughly.
The personal decisions of each person, young and old, across all of Dubuque County to take COVID-19 more seriously in the upcoming holiday season and winter months will make an impact to slow the spread and lower the number of active COVID-19 cases. We all look forward to a return to a more normal life, and your actions now can hasten that return. Stay safe. Protect others.
To review Dubuque County’s new requirements and guidance, or for other information on testing and other resources, please visit the County’s COVID-19 web page.
Click here for more information on the Dubuque County Face Covering Requirement
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 181 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 7,456
- Iowa: 5,096 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 175,455
- Dubuque County: 1 additional death. Total deaths to date = 77
- Iowa: 19 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 1,947
- Dubuque County Residents Hospitalized = 45 as of Nov. 11. (5 more than Nov. 9.)
- Iowans Currently hospitalized = 1,227* (19 more than yesterday.)
* = Record High
- The IDPH dashboard now includes details on hospitalizations by age group and by primary diagnosis vs. secondary diagnosis. For more information, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/hospitalization-analysis
Click here to view the IDPH Hospitalizations Analysis dashboard
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 85. Total number of recoveries = 4,569
- Iowa: New recoveries = 1,137. Total number of recoveries = 106,500
IDPH designates positive cases as recovered after 28 days if there are no observable signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- Dubuque County: 2,810 active cases (95 more than yesterday)
Active cases are determined by subtracting the total number of recovered cases and deaths from the total number of positive cases to date.
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: 6 long-term care facility outbreaks (1 more than yesterday) with 156 positive cases (7 more than yesterday) and 76 recoveries (10 more than yesterday):
- NEW: Dubuque Specialty Care, Dubuque (6 positive cases, 2 recoveries)
- Luther Manor Communities, Dubuque (76 positive cases, 18 recoveries)
- ManorCare Health Services, Dubuque (11 positive cases, 5 recoveries)
- MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care, Dyersville (35 positive cases, 31 recoveries)
- Shady Rest Care Center, Cascade (7 positive cases, 2 recoveries)
- Sunnycrest Manor, Dubuque (21 positive cases, 18 recoveries)
- Iowa: 100 outbreaks (same as yesterday) with 2,934 positive cases, 1,311 recoveries, and 927 deaths to date.
For more details, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/long-term-care
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE (Calculated by IDPH)
- 327 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 40,061
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 24.2%*, average to date = 18.6%.
* = Record high
- 10,979 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 1,079,246
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 22.5%, average to date = 16.3%
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov.
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecounty.org/COVID19
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.