Dubuque County: Record-High 174 New Cases and Test Positivity Rate, and One Death; Iowa: 4,292 New Cases and 14 Deaths
Dubuque County: Record-High 174 New Cases and Test Positivity Rate, and One Death
Iowa: 4,292 New Cases and 14 Deaths
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 174* new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 6,580
- Iowa: 4,292 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 148,517
* = Record High
- Dubuque County: 1 additional death. Total deaths to date = 67
- Iowa: 14 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 1,829
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 43 as of Nov. 3. (4 less than Nov. 2.)
Please note: County hospitalizations have not been updated on the IDPH dashboard since Wednesday afternoon, Nov. 4.
- Iowa: Currently hospitalized = 901 (11 fewer than yesterday.)
- For more information, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/rmcc-data
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE (Calculated by IDPH)
- 280 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 38,469
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 21.7%*, average to date = 17.1%.
* = Record high
- 8,751 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 1,022,141
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 18.6%, average to date = 14.5%
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 79. Total number of recoveries = 4,170
- Iowa: New recoveries = 1,153. Total number of recoveries = 100,347
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: 5 long-term care facility outbreaks (same as yesterday) with 140 positive cases (up 1 from yesterday) and 60 recoveries (same as yesterday):
- Luther Manor Communities, Dubuque (68 positive cases, 11 recoveries)
- ManorCare Health Services, Dubuque (10 positive cases, 1 recovery)
- MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care, Dyersville (35 positive cases, 29 recoveries)
- Shady Rest Care Center, Cascade (7 positive cases, 2 recoveries)
- Sunnycrest Manor, Dubuque (20 positive cases, 17 recoveries)
- Iowa:92* outbreaks (5 more than yesterday) with 2,804 positive cases, 1,182 recoveries, and 886 deaths to date.
* = Record high
- For more details, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/long-term-care
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/COVID19
Click here to watch the CDC's recent video.
Free Local COVID-19 Testing Options: Hy-Vee Adds 2 More Locations
Dubuque Test Iowa Clinics
Epic Health & Wellness
A Test Iowa Clinic is being offered at Epic Health & Wellness at 1075 Cedar Cross Road in Dubuque. All testing at this location is by appointment, Monday - Friday.
To be tested at this location, you must first take the Test Iowa assessment at www.testiowa.com. All testing at this location is by appointment, Monday through Friday. After taking the assessment, appointments can be made by calling 563.583.6595 or scheduled online at Epichealth.net.
Grand River Medical Group
Grand River Medical Group is offering free testing for Iowa residents through the Test Iowa Initiative at its Respiratory Clinic location (1400 University Ave., Apt. #6). Hours of operation are Mondays – Thursdays, 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. and Fridays 12 p.m. – 5 p.m., by appointment only, scheduled online through the Test Iowa website.
To be tested at this location, you must first take the Test Iowa assessment at www.testiowa.com. When choosing Grand River Medical Group as the location, you will be asked to schedule your appointment utilizing the online tools. No appointments will be scheduled by phone. Drive-up testing will not be offered at this location. All appointments will be scheduled as in-clinic appointments.
Call Test Iowa with questions about testing: 515.575.2131 or 844.844.1561 (toll free).
Additional Free Local Testing Options
Hartig Drug Company pharmacies are offering free COVID-19 test collection by appointment in Dubuque. This free COVID-19 test collection program is not affiliated with Test Iowa and is implemented in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and eTrueNorth, a laboratory services company focused on enhancing pharmacies’ access to diagnostic laboratory testing.
Test collection sites for this program can be found at www.doineedacovid19test.com. The online portal helps patients make test collection appointments. Any individual, regardless of their state of residence, is eligible to test, even if they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Local test collection sites for this program are:
- Hartig Drug Co 3, 2255 John F Kennedy Rd , Ste. 16, Dubuque
- Hartig Drug Co 4, 2225 Central Ave, Dubuque
- Hartig Drug Co 8, 1600 University Ave, Dubuque
Please note that advance registration is required and test collection schedules vary by site.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is offering free self-administered COVID-19 testing at all three Dubuque locations:
- Asbury Plaza Hy-Vee, 2395 NW Arterial, Dubuque
- Hy-Vee on Dodge Street, 3500 Dodge St., Dubuque
- Hy-Vee on S. Locust, 400 S. Locust St., Dubuque
Each location can accommodate up to 12 patients per hour. The tests are free and are administered via a Hy-Vee pharmacy drive-thru testing process. Individuals do not have to have COVID-19 symptoms to be tested, but they must register online to receive a test voucher number, testing site and appointment time. The COVID-19 tests are being coordinated by eTrueNorth.
To register for a test voucher number, visit www.doineedacovid19test.com. Each patient will need to answer the questions and provide requested information in order to receive a test voucher number, testing site location, and appointment time. The patient will then arrive at the specified test site pharmacy drive-thru with either a printed voucher number or show the voucher number on their phone before given a test kit. The Hy-Vee pharmacy employee will provide the test kit, provide instructions on how to self-administer the test and supervise the administration of the test. The patient will then drop off their completed kit in a collection bin.
The entire test process takes about five minutes. From there, the Hy-Vee pharmacy collects all tests, which are shipped to a lab via the United Parcel Service (UPS). Results will then be sent to the patient by email in three to five business days.
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.