Record-High 146 New Cases and Two Deaths in Dubuque County; Record-High 4,706 New Cases, 20 Deaths, and Record-High Hospitalizations Statewide
Record-High 146 New Cases and Two Deaths in Dubuque County
Record-High 4,706 New Cases, 20 Deaths, and Record-High Hospitalizations Statewide
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 2 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 65
- Iowa: 20 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 1,801
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 43 as of Nov. 3. (4 less than Nov. 2.)
- Please note: This number is Dubuque County residents only. COVID-19 patients in Dubuque County hospitals who are NOT Dubuque County residents are not reflected in this number.
- Iowa: Currently hospitalized = 839* (62 more than yesterday.) This is the 11th consecutive day of record-high hospitalizations statewide
- For more information, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/rmcc-data
* = Record high
Click here for more information on statewide hospitalizations.
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE (Calculated by IDPH)
- 306 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 37,934
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 20%*, average to date = 16.5%.
* = Record high
- 10,692 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 1,005,597
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 16.9%, average to date = 14%
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 79. Total number of recoveries = 3,998
- Iowa: New recoveries = 1,314. Total number of recoveries = 97,968
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: 5 long-term care facility outbreaks (same as yesterday) with 130 positive cases (up 3 from yesterday) and 59 recoveries:
Luther Manor Communities, Dubuque (58 positive cases, 10 recoveries)
ManorCare Health Services, Dubuque (10 positive cases, 1 recovery)
MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care, Dyersville (35 positive cases, 29 recoveries)
Shady Rest Care Center, Cascade (7 positive cases, 2 recoveries)
Sunnycrest Manor, Dubuque (20 positive cases, 17 recoveries)
- Iowa: 84 outbreaks (same as yesterday) with 2,577 positive cases, 1,099 recoveries, and 870 deaths to date.
- For more details, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/long-term-care
Click here to read the Nov. 1 White House Coronavirus Task report for Iowa.
Task Force: Iowans Must Act Now
The Nov. 1 White House Coronavirus Task Force Report maintains Iowa, Dubuque County, and Dubuque as red zones. The report includes a number of recommendations and says Iowans must act now:
- Do not gather without a mask with individuals living outside of your household.
- Always wear a mask in public places.
- Stop gatherings beyond immediate household until cases and test positivity decrease significantly.
To see the complete list of recommendations, read the full report at https://www.cityofdubuque.org/DocumentCenter/View/47136/Nov-1-White-House-Coronavirus-Task-Force-Report---Iowa
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/COVID19
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.