Dubuque County: 123 New Cases and One Death; Iowa: 2,834 New Cases, 9 Deaths, and Record-High Hospitalizations and Long-Term Care Facility Outbreaks; Tips for Voters
Dubuque County: 123 New Cases and One Death
Iowa: 2,834 New Cases, 9 Deaths, and Record-High Hospitalizations and Long-Term Care Facility Outbreaks
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 123 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 5,704
- Iowa: 2,834 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 127,445
- Dubuque County: 1 additional death. Total deaths to date = 59
- Iowa: 9 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 1,715
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 33 as of Oct. 29. (3 more than Oct. 28.)
Please note: This number is Dubuque County residents only. COVID-19 patients in Dubuque County hospitals who are NOT Dubuque County residents are not reflected in this number.
- Iowa: Currently hospitalized = 630* (24 more than yesterday.)
For more information, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/rmcc-data
* = Record high
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE
- 225 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 36,791
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 18%, average to date = 15.5%.
- 7,778 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 972,044
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 13.4%, average to date = 13.1%
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 41. Total number of recoveries = 3,694
- Iowa: New recoveries = 888. Total number of recoveries = 93,189
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: 4 long-term care facility outbreaks:
Luther Manor Communities, Dubuque (45 positive cases, 11 recoveries)
MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care, Dyersville (35 positive cases, 27 recoveries)
Sunnycrest Manor, Dubuque (20 positive cases, 17 recoveries)
Shady Rest Care Center, Cascade (7 positive cases, 2 recoveries)
- Iowa: 81* outbreaks (5 more than yesterday)
- For more details, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/long-term-care
* = Record high
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov.
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/COVID19
Tips for Voters to Reduce Spread of COVID-19
There are steps you can take to help you vote and minimize your risk during the COVID-19 pandemic. The more prepared you are, the less time you may have to spend at the voting site. When voting, you can protect yourself and others if you:
- avoid close contact: try to stay at least 6 feet apart of other people, especially those not wearing a mask
- wear a mask around others
- take care when touching surfaces and wash your hands often or, if not possible, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
For additional information, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/going-out/voting-tips.html.
If you or a family member are in quarantine or isolation and concerned about being able to vote safely in the next few days, please contact the Iowa Secretary of State's Office at (888) 767-8683.
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.