82 New Cases and One Death in Dubuque County; 908 New Cases and 14 Deaths Statewide; County and State Hit Record-High Hospitalizations
82 New Cases and One Death in Dubuque County; 908 New Cases and 14 Deaths Statewide
County and State Hit Record-High Hospitalizations
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 82 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 3,835
- Iowa: 908 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 94,356
- Dubuque County: 1 additional death. Total deaths to date = 47
- Iowa: 14 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 1,414
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE
- 282 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 31,820
- Dubuque County Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 14.5%, average to date = 12%.
- 5,507 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 832,916
- Iowa Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 8.6%, average to date = 11.3%
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 29* as of Oct. 5. (8 more than Oct. 4.)
- Iowa: Currently hospitalized = 444*. (231 more than yesterday.)
* = Record High
Dubuque County is one of 14 counties in the IDPH's Regional Medical Coordination Center (RMCC) #6.
Click here and then click on the region in the map for more information on RMCC 6.
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 77. Total number of recoveries = 2,331
- Iowa: New recoveries = 1,045. Total number of recoveries = 73,256
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: Two long-term care facility outbreaks:
Sunnycrest Manor, Dubuque (17 positive cases, 14 recoveries)
MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care, Dyersville (19 positive cases, 7 recoveries)
- Iowa: 54 outbreaks (1 less than yesterday)
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov.
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecountyiowa.gov/COVID19
Free, Local COVID-19 Testing Options
Two Test Iowa clinics are available in Dubuque County and provide free testing for all Iowa residents:
- Epic Health and Wellness: To be tested at this location, you must first take the Test Iowa assessment at www.testiowa.com. All testing at this location is by appointment, Monday through Thursday. After taking the assessment, appointments can be made by calling 563.583.6595 or scheduled online.
- Grand River Medical Group offers testing at its Respiratory Clinic location (1400 University Ave., Apt. #6). Hours of operation are Mondays – Thursdays, 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. and Fridays 12 p.m. – 5 p.m., by appointment only, scheduled online through the Test Iowa website. After completing the questionnaire, you will receive a QR code and may request an appointment at a local clinic location. When choosing Grand River Medical Group as the location, you will be asked to schedule your appointment utilizing the online tools. No appointments will be scheduled by phone. Drive-up testing will not be offered at this location. All appointments will be scheduled as in-clinic appointments.
Hartig Drug Company pharmacies and Union Family Pharmacy are also offering free COVID-19 test collection, also by appointment, in Dubuque. This free COVID-19 test collection program is not affiliated with Test Iowa and is implemented in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
Test collection sites for this program can be found at DoINeedACovid19Test.com. The online portal helps patients make test collection appointments. Any individual, regardless of their state of residence, is eligible to test, even if they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
Please note that advance registration is required and test collection schedules vary by site. To register, or for more information, visit DoINeedACovid19Test.com.
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.