Additional Free Local Testing Opportunities; 34 New Cases and Two Deaths in Dubuque County, 509 New Cases and Eight Deaths Statewide
Additional Free Local Testing Opportunities
While the Dubuque Test Iowa Clinic is still offering testing by appointment, Hartig Drug Company pharmacies and Union Family Pharmacy are also offering free COVID-19 test collection, also by appointment, in Dubuque. This free COVID-19 test collection program is not affiliated with Test Iowa and is implemented in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and eTrueNorth, a laboratory services company focused on enhancing pharmacies’ access to diagnostic laboratory testing.
Test collection sites for this program can be found at DoINeedACovid19Test.com. The online portal helps patients make test collection appointments. Any individual, regardless of their state of residence, is eligible to test, even if they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Local test collection sites for this program are:
- Hartig Drug Co 3, 2255 John F Kennedy Rd , Ste. 16, Dubuque
- Hartig Drug Co 4, 2225 Central Ave, Dubuque
- Hartig Drug Co 8, 1600 University Ave, Dubuque
- Union Family Pharmacy, 2541 Central Ave, Dubuque
Please note that advance registration is required and test collection schedules vary by site.
How do I register for a test?
- Patients must register on the website (DoINeedACovid19Test.com) and receive a voucher number in order to be eligible to schedule an appointment for a test.
- Only pharmacies listed on the website (DoINeedACovid19Test.com) are participating in the program.
- Tests are provided on a first-come-first-serve basis.
I have a voucher, what do I need to do next?
- Participating pharmacies will only provide COVID-19 testing services through drive-thru locations to mitigate potential exposure. Do not attempt to walk into the pharmacy to receive the test, you will be directed back to your vehicle and asked to proceed to the drive-thru window for your scheduled appointment.
- The test is self-administered by the patient with an anterior nasal swab – which is less invasive than a nasopharyngeal swab.
- Pharmacy personnel will coach and observe each patient to ensure the test is completed accurately. Once the sample kit is sealed, pharmacy personnel will submit the package to the lab for processing. Results are ready in three to five business days.
When will I get my results?
- You will receive a notification via email or phone call that your results are ready. You must log on to your DoINeedACovid19Test.com account to view the results. Results should be received within 3-5 business days.
- Pharmacy personnel will not receive your results. If you have questions about your test results or the status of your pending results you must call eTrueNorth at (800) 635-8611.
34 New Cases and Two Deaths in Dubuque County, 509 New Cases and Eight Deaths Statewide
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 34 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 1,572
- Iowa: 509 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 46,490
- Dubuque County: 2 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 31
- Iowa: 8 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 893
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE*
- 196 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 19,937
- Test Positivity Rate: Yesterday = 10.8% , 14-day average = 11.1%, average to date = 7.9%
- 6,103 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 498,035
- Test Positivity Rate: Yesterday = 5.7%, 14-day average = 7.3%, average to date = 9.3%
* The positivity rate is the percentage of COVID-19 tests that come back positive. Please note that, due to the time it takes to process test results, the number of new positive cases reported and the number of tests processed that are reported daily may not correspond with the previous day’s positivity rate.
- Dubuque County: Hospitalized = 19 as of Aug. 3.
- Iowa: Currently hospitalized = 248. Change from yesterday = +5
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 60. Total number of recoveries = 835
- Iowa: New recoveries = 735. Total number of recoveries = 34,660
* A positive COVID-19 patient is considered recovered if it has been at least 10 days since symptoms first appeared, they have gone at least 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing medication, and symptoms have improved.
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
- Dubuque County: 1 outbreak (Luther Manor Grand Meadows, Asbury) with 3 positive cases (same as yesterday) and one recovery
- Iowa: 25 outbreaks (1 more than yesterday)
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov. For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecounty.org/COVID19
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.