About the Commission
The Dubuque County Historic Preservation Commission:
- Conducts surveys to identify historic properties in the county
- Reviews National Register Nominations on any property nominated from within the borders of the county
- Provides a public forum for historic preservation discussions in the county (all meetings are open to the public)
- Undertakes section 106 reviews. These reviews are required for any public or private project occurring within Dubuque County that receives federal funds or is under the jurisdiction of a federal entity.
- Gives out annual Historic Preservation Awards in partnership with the Dubuque County Historical Society. View past award winners
- Writes the annual Certified Local Government (CLG) report for Dubuque County summarizing all of the above. This report goes to the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) each year to renew Dubuque County’s CLG status.